- 1 medium head cabbage
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- Cook cabbage in boiling water just until outer leaves pull away easily from head. Set aside 10 large leaves for rolls. Refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use. Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of each leaf, making a V-shaped cut.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cooked rice, salt and pepper.
- Place 1/3 cup beef mixture on a cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends of leaf. Fold in sides. Beginning from the cut end, roll up. Repeat. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine soup and water; pour over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Golombki in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p62
Reviews for Golombki
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review