- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, softened and divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- Cut eggs in half; remove yolks and set aside. Chop egg whites; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in egg whites; heat through. Spread each slice of toast with 1 teaspoon remaining butter. Pour sauce over toast. Force egg yolks through a sieve to break into small pieces; sprinkle over sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Goldenrod Eggs
Sort By :
I tried this recipe to use up some of our leftover Easter eggs. It was very good & everyone enjoyed it. I doubled the recipe & served it over biscuits.
This was our traditional Easter breakfast recipe. Used up a lot of eggs, and was delicious. My mother served it on biscuits. I like english muffins. A lot of people are afraid of trying to make white sauce because of the lumps. To be lump free, warm the milk in the microwave for a minute or so. Voila! No lumps! Also, try adding a tablespoon or two of sherry to the sauce. Gets it up past the home ec. level.
Been making this handed down recipe for years....a family favorite!