Golden Wheat Bread
“This bread is great alone or with a bowl of bean soup,” recommends Cindy Reams of Philipsburg, Pennsylvania. The hearty loaf has a crispy golden crust, so it’s perfect with butter or your favorite jam.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 4 hours
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).