- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Golden Wheat Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p44
Reviews for Golden Wheat Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2015
"Good for sandwiches, toast. I had to sub sugar for the honey because I did not have any on hand. Would like to try with the honey."