- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese mix
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Set aside the cheese sauce packet. In a saucepan, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion and green pepper in butter. Return macaroni to the pan. Add milk and contents of cheese sauce packet; stir until smooth. Stir in the soup, tuna, mushrooms and pimientos.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Golden Tuna Casserole
"This is maybe the best tuna casserole I've ever made- it went over well with absolutely everyone and I was surprised it didn't just take like cheapo mac and cheese with tuna thrown in. Very very good!"
"I would try this with a low sodium lo fat cream of celery soup....that woukld bring sodium counts and fats within healthier ranges."
"GREAT TO MAKE AND DELICIOUS TO EAT AND OH, YES, LOVELY TO SEE AND SERVE TO GUESTS."
"A quick, nutritious and economical tuna casserole. I lowered the fat and calorie content by using low fat milk, low fat cream of celery soup and margarine."
"I love this "Tuna Casserole"....it is comfort food, for sure! Very easy to make, and have made dozens of times over the years!"
"This casserole was very delicious and my family really loved it. I also added frozen peas to it. I also e-mailed this recipe to family and friends of ours and they said they will be making it also. Thank you very much for the great recipe."