Golden Thumbprints Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 red or green candied cherries, halved
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and brown sugar blend until well blended. Beat in the oil, egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into scant 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- 3. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, carefully make an indentation in the center of each (cookie edges will crack). Fill each with a candied cherry half. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 75 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Golden Thumbprints
"Of the 5 types of cookies I made this season, all from Taste of Home, this was the only one that gave me trouble. My "dough" was just crumbs. No amount of fiddling made it possible to form it into a ball of any kind. I finally added some water to it and then it was okay. Neither my husband nor I like the flavor. It's just bland. The only flavor is the cherry which doesn't stay on the cookie."
"These are actually very good - Left mine in the oven a little too long trying to save a step, so mine were brown not white like the picture. I put a whole cherry on top of the raw cookie and baked them about 13 minutes was too long, SHOULD have been more like 11 or 12 minutes. BUT overall, I would make these again. But what the heck is brown sugar blend? I just used regular old brown sugar, no blend."