Golden Thumbprints Recipe
“These cookies taste as good as they look,” says Loraine Meyer. The Bend, Oregon cook often rolls them in walnuts and bakes them for friends and family at Christmas.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 red or green candied cherries, halved
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and brown sugar blend until well blended. Beat in the oil, egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into scant 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- 3. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, carefully make an indentation in the center of each (cookie edges will crack). Fill each with a candied cherry half. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 75 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Golden Thumbprints
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC