“These cookies taste as good as they look,” says Loraine Meyer. The Bend, Oregon cook often rolls them in walnuts and bakes them for friends and family at Christmas.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 red or green candied cherries, halved
- In a small bowl, beat butter and brown sugar blend until well blended. Beat in the oil, egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Shape into scant 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, carefully make an indentation in the center of each (cookie edges will crack). Fill each with a candied cherry half. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Golden Thumbprints in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p46
Reviews for Golden Thumbprints
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review