Golden Sweet Smashed Potatoes
Can't decide what type of spuds to serve for Thanksgiving? Make both by preparing this casserole featuring Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes. Gouda cheese provides a rich flavor.Shelby Goddard, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until
- tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with milk; stir in the cheese, paprika, salt and
- pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 124 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.