Can't decide what type of spuds to serve for Thanksgiving? Make both by preparing this casserole featuring Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes. Gouda cheese provides a rich flavor.—Shelby Goddard, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Featured In: 17 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes for a Crowd
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with milk; stir in the cheese, paprika, salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Golden Sweet Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p123
Reviews for Golden Sweet Smashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review