Since peaches and tomatoes are in season together, I like to blend them into a cool, delicious soup. Leftovers keep well in the fridge—but they rarely last long enough to get there.—Julie Hession, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 3 medium yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon marinade for chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 to 3 teaspoons sugar, optional
- Thin cucumber slices
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Add lime juice, vinegar, marinade for chicken, salt and pepper sauce; process until smooth. If desired, stir in sugar.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours. Top servings with additional chopped peaches, cucumber and tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Golden Summer Peach Gazpacho in Country Woman August/September 2011, p42
Reviews for Golden Summer Peach Gazpacho
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review