Golden State Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in the milk, broth and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 238 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Golden State Mushroom Soup
"Amazing soup. Have made it twice in one week! Rich and flavorful"