- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in the milk, broth and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Golden State Mushroom Soup
Sort By :
Amazing soup. Have made it twice in one week! Rich and flavorful
My family loves the soup and I have made it many times. I have a 4H group come to my house once a month and a couple of the teens showed up early, I offered them some soup and they had to get the recipe for their family!!!