- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed winter squash
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water; let stand 5 minutes. Add sugar, salt, eggs, squash and 3-1/2 cups flour; beat well. Beat in melted butter. By hand, gradually add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours. (May refrigerate up to 3 days). Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Divide dough in half; roll each into a 16-in. circle; spread with softened butter. Cut each circle into 16 wedges. Roll up from wide end and place with pointed end down on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2-1/2 to 3 dozen.
Originally published as Golden Squash Rolls in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p25
Reviews for Golden Squash Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2013
These rolls are light and delicious!