Golden Squash Pie Recipe
Whether you take this yummy pie to a party or potluck, be prepare to share the recipe. An alternative to pumpkin pie, it bakes up high and flavorful.
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the eggs, squash, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to the squash mixture and mix until smooth. Pour into pastry shells. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 piece: 295 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Golden Squash Pie
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2009
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC