Golden Squash Bake
I save this memorable casserole for the holidays. We all look forward to it! The squash has a slight tang from sour cream, and allspice lends delightful aroma and flavor.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups cooked mashed winter squash
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the
- heat. Stir in squash, sour cream, salt, allspice and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 127 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.