Golden Spiced Rice Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground coriander, cinnamon and cumin
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in rice and spices. Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Stir in raisins and almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 264 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Golden Spiced Rice
"This is a great recipe. I fixed it for some Indian friends and they loved it."