Golden Spiced Rice Recipe
Our Test Kitchen created this flavorful rice medley that’s sure to jazz up any entree. Golden raisins add sweetness to the blend of aromatic herbs.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground coriander, cinnamon and cumin
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in rice and spices. Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Stir in raisins and almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 264 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC