Golden Sourdough Biscuits
I obtained this recipe from a friend when we were exchanging sourdough recipes a few years ago. These soft biscuits are best enjoyed straight from the oven.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Additional butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking
- soda; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine
- Sourdough Starter and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture with a
- fork until dough forms a ball.
- Turn onto a well-floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll to 1/2-in.
- thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in.
- apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with
- melted butter. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1