Golden Sourdough Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Additional butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine Sourdough Starter and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Turn onto a well-floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Golden Sourdough Biscuits(5)
Sort By :
Does the starter have to be freshly fed or can it be straight out of the fridge?
This recipe is in my sourdough cookbook by Rita Davenport that I have had for many many years. Matter of fact my starter is 44 years old. I have been making these biscuits that long also. My grandaughter is a newly wed and she also has a starter from mine and loves making all kinds of breads. This recipe has to be good to have lasted that many years. My husband has started cooking and he is making these biscuits tonight
My favorite biscuit recipe!!
This is a wonderful and tasty biscuit recipe. A good way to use extra starter. Got rave reviews from the men! Will be my favorite from now on.
I love making these biscuits! They are easy to mix up and very good. They aren't very good cold but wonderful while still warm.