Golden Shrimp Puffs
I first served these at a New Year's Eve get-together a few years ago. After receiving raves, they became part of my regular appetizer offerings throughout the year. Patricia Slater, Baldwin, Ontario
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a saucepan, bring butter, water and garlic salt to a boil. Add
- flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the
- heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
- after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and
- Stir in the shrimp, onions and 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Drop by
- rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30
- minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 89 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.