I first served these at a New Year's Eve get-together a few years ago. After receiving raves, they became part of my regular appetizer offerings throughout the year. —Patricia Slater, Baldwin, Ontario
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a saucepan, bring butter, water and garlic salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Stir in the shrimp, onions and 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Golden Shrimp Puffs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p187
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Golden Shrimp Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2009
"A new holiday favorite!"