Golden Secret Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, bread crumbs, onion, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Fold in cheese. Pat into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains. Drain. Let stand a few minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Golden Secret Meat Loaf(2)
Sort By :
My Husband and Kids love this meatloaf !!
This is one of the better meatloaf recipes I've tried. Moist and good. The nutmey was a new flavor for me, so I should have decreased it to 1/4 tsp. Good basic recipe minus the nutmeg. Thanks for a good one!