- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, bread crumbs, onion, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Fold in cheese. Pat into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains. Drain. Let stand a few minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Golden Secret Meat Loaf
"My Husband and Kids love this meatloaf !!"
"This is one of the better meatloaf recipes I've tried. Moist and good. The nutmey was a new flavor for me, so I should have decreased it to 1/4 tsp. Good basic recipe minus the nutmeg. Thanks for a good one!"