Golden Seafood Chowder
Flavored with crab, shrimp and cheddar cheese, this chowder is so good that I make it weekly. Sometimes I substitute chicken or ham for the seafood and leave out the juice. Either way, this pretty soup is a winner.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup cubed peeled potato
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup Clamato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup cooked shrimp
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the
- broth, potato, celery, carrots, Clamato juice and lemon-pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or
- until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; add to soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add the cheese, crab and shrimp; cook and stir until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.