Golden Seafood Chowder Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup cubed peeled potato
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup Clamato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup cooked shrimp
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, potato, celery, carrots, Clamato juice and lemon-pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, crab and shrimp; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Golden Seafood Chowder
Sort By :
"I had a small bowl because I don't like seafood, but I am willing to try all the recipes I make. My boyfriend loves seafood and he gave this a three star because he felt like there could have been more seasoning. He suggested Old Bay. I will try that the next time I make this for him. I didn't use the canned crabmeat, but the refrigerated flaked and it just wasn't that tasty to me. He didn't seem t mind it too much, though."
"Loved the simplicity of the recipe but my husband and I found it to be a little bland. Thought it could use some parsley, garlic and salt. Will play around with the leftovers and see if I can add another layer of flavor."
"this recipe is delicious. I usually double it as my family is big but it doesn't require any adjusting. My only comment would be that you can use V8 is clamato isn't available."
"I've made this recipe several times and it's amazing! I have followed it exactly to the letter, and I've played around with different seafood and it always comes out so good. My favorite combination is clam and shrimp. Make sure to use your best sharp cheddar in this recipe, as it does make a difference. I serve this chowder in hollowed out sourdough bread bowls along with a salad. Very, very good!"