Golden Sea Bass
If you’ve ever tasted potato-crusted sea bass in a restaurant and wished you could have it at home, this version is for you. Store-bought potato flakes and a salad dressing mix combine for a great coating that’s a breeze to whip up. –Judi Markert, Mentor-on-the-Lake, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 pounds sea bass fillets or halibut steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, dressing mix and
- pepper. In another bowl, beat the egg. Dip fillets into egg, then
- coat with potato flake mixture.
- Place in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan
- coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked fish equals 180 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.