Golden Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 5 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place potatoes in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Add sauce and stir gently to coat. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Golden Scalloped Potatoes(3)
Sort By :
Great recipe! This is my go-to recipe for scalloped potatoes. I add some onion powder to the sauce for extra flavor.
we made these for dinner the other night after not having scalloped potatoes for a very long time and we were very disappointed. Very bland. Had to use some seasonings for flavor. Sorry.
I agree -- great sauce! I love simple, tasty recipes like this one.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Scalloped Potato >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >