- much air as possible; seal bags and turn to coat. Place in a
- roasting pan. Refrigerate for 18-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the water, apple, onion and
- cinnamon. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until apples are
- tender; drain water.
- Drain and discard brine. Rinse turkey under cold water; pat dry.
- Place cooked apple mixture, rosemary and sage in turkey cavity.
- Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together.
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Rub with oil
- and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or
- until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads
- 170°-175°. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too
- quickly.) Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving; discard
- apple mixture and herbs. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 10 ounces cooked turkey equals 538 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 72 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer