Golden Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
Here's a slightly different twist on a traditional favorite. These crisp, chewy oatmeal cookies feature golden raisins and have a mild orange tang. They're a staple in my picnic basket!
-Marion Lowery, Medford, Oregon
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the egg, water and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, orange peel,
- cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and
- mix well. Stir in raisins (dough will be stiff).
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are
- lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 169 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium,