Golden Raisin Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Here's a slightly different twist on a traditional favorite. These crisp, chewy oatmeal cookies feature golden raisins and have a mild orange tang. They're a staple in my picnic basket! -Marion Lowery, Medford, Oregon
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, water and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, orange peel, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins (dough will be stiff).
- 2. Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 cookies equals 169 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC