Golden Raisin Cookies Recipe
"Since my children are grown, I make these light butter cookies for the neighborhood kids," relates Isabel Podeszwa of Lakewood, New Jersey.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 package (15 ounces) golden raisins (2-1/2 cups)
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add lemon juice and eggs. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place on greased baking sheets; flatten with a floured fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC