"Since my children are grown, I make these light butter cookies for the neighborhood kids," relates Isabel Podeszwa of Lakewood, New Jersey.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 package (15 ounces) golden raisins (2-1/2 cups)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add lemon juice and eggs. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- Place on greased baking sheets; flatten with a floured fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Golden Raisin Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p67
Reviews for Golden Raisin Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2010
"This is one of my all time favorite cookies, I have made it many times, great taste, good texture. Thanks for the recipe!"