"Since my children are grown, I make these light butter cookies for the neighborhood kids," relates Isabel Podeszwa of Lakewood, New Jersey.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 package (15 ounces) golden raisins (2-1/2 cups)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add lemon juice and eggs. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- Place on greased baking sheets; flatten with a floured fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Golden Raisin Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p67
Reviews for Golden Raisin Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 3, 2010
"This is one of my all time favorite cookies, I have made it many times, great taste, good texture. Thanks for the recipe!"