Golden Raisin Buns Recipe
These delightful buns will remind you of old-fashioned cream puffs with a mild lemon flavor. They look appealing on a platter and sure get snatched up quickly. -Kathy Scott, Hemingford, Nebraska
- 2 cups hot water, divided
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 to 5 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, pour 1 cup of water over raisins; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain; set raisins aside. In a large saucepan, bring butter, sugar, salt and remaining water to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; beat by hand for 2 minutes.
- 2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until mixture is well blended, about 3 minutes. Stir in the raisins. Drop by tablespoons 2-in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack.
- 3. For icing, melt the butter in a small saucepan; stir in the cream. Remove from the heat; add sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Spread on buns while still warm. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 120 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Raisin Buns
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC