Golden Raisin Bran Muffins Recipe
I tried many bran muffin recipes before coming up with this one. My family and friends say these moist muffins, flavored with applesauce, raisins and cinnamon, are the best they have tasted. —Joanne Foote, Harbour Breton, Newfoundland
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, oil, milk and egg. Stir in bran; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir in bran mixture just until moistened. Fold in raisins (batter will be thick).
- 3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 180 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC