Golden Raisin Bran Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, oil, milk and egg. Stir in bran; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir in bran mixture just until moistened. Fold in raisins (batter will be thick).
- 3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 180 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Golden Raisin Bran Muffins
"Most bran muffin recipes I've tried have made muffins that were very dense; these were surprisingly light and tender. (I only had about 3/4 cup All-Bran, so I made up the difference with ground flaxseed; I don't know if that accounts for the lighter texture.) I also substituted dried cranberries for the golden raisins, just a personal taste preference."
"My son liked them - I thought they were a bit crumbly...but maybe I just got tired of cleaning up his high chair after he would eat one! :)"
"I tried a few recipes for raisin bran muffins. Took the advice of the other commenter and added ginger and nutmeg. They came out good. Lacks a little flavor, but so do all bran muffins. Good recipe."
"These muffins were very good; however, the next time I make them, I will add a pinch of ginger and 1/4 tsp nutmug. Thanks for a great recipe!"