I tried many bran muffin recipes before coming up with this one. My family and friends say these moist muffins, flavored with applesauce, raisins and cinnamon, are the best they have tasted. —Joanne Foote, Harbour Breton, Newfoundland
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, oil, milk and egg. Stir in bran; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir in bran mixture just until moistened. Fold in raisins (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Golden Raisin Bran Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p31
Reviews for Golden Raisin Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review