Golden Pumpkin Rolls Recipe
My grandmother gave me the recipe for these rolls years ago. Best served warm, they complement any holiday menu.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Sprinkle with sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add milk, brown sugar, pumpkin, butter, salt, spices and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a roll. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 113 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC