Golden Pumpkin Rolls Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Sprinkle with sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add milk, brown sugar, pumpkin, butter, salt, spices and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a roll. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 113 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Golden Pumpkin Rolls
"I made this awhile ago (around Thanksgiving of 08! But I forgot to come back an leave a review! I loved this recipe! I was able to divide the dough in half and make one into the rolls and the other I made into bread instead of rolls! It was so good! It has a nice hint of pumpkin in it which goes perfect with a Thanksgiving meal or with soup! You could also use the rolls for sandwiches which would be delicious! The baked rolls and bread freeze well too! I had one for dinner and then the other saved in the freezer to use another time! It was great! =:D Thank you for this great recipe!~Cakegirl20~"