Golden Pound Cake
Moist, refreshing and lemon-flavored, this sunshiny Bundt cake just couldn’t be much quicker to put together! It’s a summer favorite with Mechanicsville, Virginia reader Vicki Boyd, who sometimes substitutes orange cake mix and a can of orange Crush soda for a flavorful variation. —Vicki Boyd, Mechanicsville, Virginia
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (12 ounces) Mountain Dew
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding
- mix, eggs, oil and soda; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on
- medium 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 45-50
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to
- cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 363 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.