Moist, refreshing and lemon-flavored, this sunshiny Bundt cake just couldn’t be much quicker to put together! It’s a summer favorite with Mechanicsville, Virginia reader Vicki Boyd, who sometimes substitutes orange cake mix and a can of orange Crush soda for a flavorful variation. —Vicki Boyd, Mechanicsville, Virginia
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (12 ounces) Mountain Dew
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and soda; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Golden Pound Cake in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p56
Reviews for Golden Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review