Golden Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (12 ounces) Mountain Dew
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and soda; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Golden Pound Cake(8)
Sort By :
I meant to say I used just the oil called for in this recipe! It is exasperating to me that I make these typos! DELowenstein
I tried this recipe for the first time tonight! I used a package of lemon instant
pudding in this cake and I also added 2 Tbsp. lemon extract and instead of Mountain Dew soda, I used 7-up! I had enough 7-Up for another cake, so I used
a Super Moist Butter Cake recipe, but I used jus the oil as called for & I put a twist on the cake by using 1 Tbsp. lemon extract
and 1 Tbsp. rum extract! This recipe really sounded delicious and I was eager to put
my new Recipes Across America to use!
Thank you, Vicki Boyd, for this recipe!
I made this cake for the 1st time with the following changes: yellow cake & instant lemon pudding. OMG! I have never made an easier cake or ate one so moist and delicious. Instead of powdered sugar & made the glaze instead.
This has become our family's birthday cake recipe! I use a golden butter cake mix and put carmel icing on it. There are never any left over crumbs! It's a great basic recipe to experiment with different cake mix flavors and icings.