Golden Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (12 ounces) Mountain Dew
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and soda; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Golden Pound Cake
Sort By :
I meant to say I used just the oil called for in this recipe! It is exasperating to me that I make these typos! I prepared this recipe again 6/21/14, using a Pillsbury strawberry cake mix WITH pudding, so I omitted the pudding mix! I used 1-1/2 cups of Sunkist strawberry soda and I cut the lemon extract down to 1 Tbsp. I had another Pillsbury Funfetti Spring Cake Mix, with pudding in it & I used the balance of my strawberry soda & added JUST enough lemonade to make 1-1/2 cups + the 1 Tbsp. lemon extract, oil & eggs called for in this recipe! I think that this substitution of flavored sodas to match the cake mix is a wonderful idea! Thank you, Vicki Boyd for sharing this about the substitution of the orange soda with the orange cake mix! Please note that my strawberry cake came out well, but the Funfetti cake shrunk! I'll be on the alert to just use regular cake mix or the basic Pillsbury cake mix with pudding instead of the Funfetti! I'm learning that sometimes a recipe can fail & it's a matter of discerning the type of cake mix to be used! delowenstein
I tried this recipe for the first time tonight! I used a package of lemon instant
pudding in this cake and I also added 2 Tbsp. lemon extract and instead of Mountain Dew soda, I used 7-up! I had enough 7-Up for another cake, so I used
a Super Moist Butter Cake recipe, but I used jus the oil as called for & I put a twist on the cake by using 1 Tbsp. lemon extract
and 1 Tbsp. rum extract! This recipe really sounded delicious and I was eager to put
my new Recipes Across America to use!
Thank you, Vicki Boyd, for this recipe!
I made this cake for the 1st time with the following changes: yellow cake & instant lemon pudding. OMG! I have never made an easier cake or ate one so moist and delicious. Instead of powdered sugar & made the glaze instead.
This has become our family's birthday cake recipe! I use a golden butter cake mix and put carmel icing on it. There are never any left over crumbs! It's a great basic recipe to experiment with different cake mix flavors and icings.