Golden Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat butter and oil until butter is melted. Add the potatoes, garlic salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
- 2. Stir in the broth, onion, bacon, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in water and bouillon. Gradually stir in cream; heat through. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
1 cup (prepared with garlic powder, reduced-sodium bouillon, 2% milk and reduced-fat cheese) equals 249 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.