Golden Potato Salad Recipe
- 5 pound potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced dill pickles
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted small ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 20 servings.
Tip: Cook the potatoes a day ahead. Chill in the refrigerator overnight for easy handling.
3/4 cup: 266 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.