The recipe for this zippy potato salad has been in our family five generations. We always have it at outdoor suppers. Mustard gives the salad appealing color.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 5 pound potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced dill pickles
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted small ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Golden Potato Salad in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p41
Reviews for Golden Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review