Golden Potato Casserole Recipe
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 green onions, chopped
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; gently stir in potatoes. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full).
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 each: 324 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Golden Potato Casserole
"I was overruled by the boys in the house. They really liked this. I thought it was o.k. but not too much flavor. I have many other potato side dishes that I'd rather make like the Loaded Baked Potato Salad on this site."
"5 stars! Made this to go with Christmas ham and everyone loved it. Will make again for sure!"
"This is the MOST REQUESTED side dish that I make! It is delicious and so easy! I use frozen hash brown potatoes instead of peeling and boiling though."
"Instead of peeling and cubing potatoes, get a bag of frozen southern-style hash browns (with or without the peppers and onions). I would crush corn flakes and mix with melted butter, and sprinkle on top before baking. Increase baking time to an hour at 350 degrees."
"This recipe has potential, but as-written it isn't a keeper for my family. We are cheese lovers, but there was simply too much cheese in this one. The consistancy wasn't creamy at all - it all stuck together in one big cheesy blob. If I were to try this again, I might use half the cheese and add 1/3 cup milk. The taste, however, was fantastic. I used a sprinkling of dried minced onion instead of green onions and substituted cream of mushroom soup."
"This casserole tasted good, although it was a little bland. We thought these potatoes were good, but with some creole, an egg or two, and less butter, they could be great!"
"This is a great recipe. Next time we are going to add some crumbled bacon to it."
"This recipe is simply fantastic. Made it for my husband who is not a potato fan, and he loved it. Will make it for groups in the future."
"This is sooo good and easy to make. I used 2 cups shredded colby cheese and 2 cups velvetta cheese cubed. All my family begs me to make this at all our cook-outs."