Golden Potato Casserole
The day after Thanksgiving, I prepare three of these golden brown bakes for our large family gathering. I complete the feast with an egg bake, banana nut bread and fruit.—Sally Durrett, Palo Cedro, California
12-14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 green onions, chopped
- Dash salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; gently stir in
- potatoes. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish
- will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let
- stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 324 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.