The day after Thanksgiving, I prepare three of these golden brown bakes for our large family gathering. I complete the feast with an egg bake, banana nut bread and fruit.—Sally Durrett, Palo Cedro, California
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 green onions, chopped
- Dash salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; gently stir in potatoes. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Golden Potato Casserole in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p18
Reviews for Golden Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review