Golden Pork Loin
A sauce made with acorn squash gives a golden look to this moist juicy pork roast that Holly Ottum sent from her Racine, Wisconsin home.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + standing
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (2 pounds)
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium acorn squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Rub seasoning over roast. In a 6-qt. pressure cooker, brown roast in
- oil on all sides over medium-high heat; remove roast from the
- pressure cooker; drain. Add the remaining ingredients to the
- pressure cooker. Return roast to pressure cooker.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring
- cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high
- and cook for 27 minutes (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow
- steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Remove roast
- to a serving platter. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Whisk cooked vegetable mixture until smooth. Serve with roast.