Golden Pork 'n' Noodles Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain; set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the soup, milk, cream cheese, pimientos, marjoram, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3. Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Add pork; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 417 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Golden Pork 'n' Noodles
"This is easy with the most-difficult part the vegetable chopping. It was, however, a little bland. Next time, I think I will try using all or half Italian sausage instead of the ground pork."
"This was very easy and quick to make. I didn't change anything. My husband really like it."
"Very easy to make-like an upscale chicken helper. Leftovers were still tasty!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.