Golden Pineapple Salsa
“This delicious salsa is an excellent accompaniment to fish or chicken.” It also adds lively flavor to pork. Sweet pineapple and refreshing mint make an irresistible combination. Brynne Garman - Federal Way, Washington
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, onion, green pepper, lime
- juice and garlic. Stir in the mint, salt, cumin and cayenne. Cover
- and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with your favorite pork,
- fish or poultry. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 20 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.