Golden Pineapple Casserole Side Dish
This dish is a change from the regular casserole. It is a great side for many different meats.Beth Koehler, Mansfield, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 4 slices bread (crusts removed), buttered and cubed
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice. In a bowl, combine pineapple
- and juice with sugar, flour and eggs; mix well. Spoon into a 2-qt.
- baking dish; top with bread cubes. Bake at 350°, uncovered, for
- 45-50 minutes or until set and browned. Serve as a side dish with
- ham or poultry. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 158 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.