Golden Peach Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves
- 5 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set fruit and juice aside. In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Add the tomato sauce, vinegar and reserved peach juice. Pour over the chops. Arrange peach halves over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Golden Peach Pork Chops
"I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this recipe. I do not like pork chops and won't eat them any other way. I make this recipe every couple of months! As we raise our own pigs, we have lots of chops, and this is my favorite way to make them. Just stick them in the crock pot and let them cook. The house smells sooo good and my family rushes to the table when supper is ready. I serve the peaches and sauce on the side as a "gravy" to serve over mashed potatoes (or if it is a busy day, I add them to the crock pot to soak up the juices as they cook)."
"Once a week I work late and always make a slow cooker dish for that day so I am always looking for good slow cooker meals. This was very good but the sauce gets to juicy, so I did thicken it some with cornstarch after removing the chops just before serving. I also put some whole potatoes (of a smaller size) around the edges of the slow cooker to cook them along with the chops. We used the sauce for the chops and the potatoes. Very flavorful. I will keep it in the rotation, but there were other dished my hubby liked better."