Golden Peach Pork Chops Recipe
Peach halves add a hint of sweetness to pork chops in this time-tested favorite from Adele Durocher of Newport Beach, California. The flavorful sauce is nicely seasoned with cinnamon and cloves.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours YIELD:5 servings
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves
- 5 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set fruit and juice aside. In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Add the tomato sauce, vinegar and reserved peach juice. Pour over the chops. Arrange peach halves over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC