Golden Peach Pork Chops
Peach halves add a hint of sweetness to pork chops in this time-tested favorite from Adele Durocher of Newport Beach, California. The flavorful sauce is nicely seasoned with cinnamon and cloves.
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves
- 5 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or
- save for another use); set fruit and juice aside. In a large
- skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; transfer to a 3-qt.
- slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Add
- the tomato sauce, vinegar and reserved peach juice. Pour over the
- chops. Arrange peach halves over the top. Cover and cook on low for
- 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.