Golden Peach Pie Recipe
Fourteen years ago, I entered this beautiful lattice-top pie in the Park County Fair in Livingston. It won a first-place blue ribbon plus a purple ribbon for "Best All Around"! My large family—and many friends agree with the judges that it's very delicious.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (about 5 medium)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice, orange peel and extract. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt. Add to peach mixture; toss gently to coat. Pour into crust; dot with butter.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; make decorative cutouts in pastry. Set cutouts aside. Place top crust over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush pastry and cutouts with milk; place cutouts on top of pie. Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 425 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC