- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (about 5 medium)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice, orange peel and extract. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt. Add to peach mixture; toss gently to coat. Pour into crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; make decorative cutouts in pastry. Set cutouts aside. Place top crust over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush pastry and cutouts with milk; place cutouts on top of pie. Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Golden Peach Pie
"This is absolutely the best tasting pie that I have ever had. I followed the recipe exactly, and the pie was delicious. Everyone was blown away. It's addicting good."
"My very-hard-to-please mother in law, who does not like desserts, was very impressed with my peach pie. This is a real winner!!!"
"Not usually a peach pie fan but this is a winner. I used the zest of a whole orange and together with the almond extract really adds to the taste. Will definitely make this again."
"First peach pie I have ever made. It was wonderful!! I will definitely make again."
"First peach pie I have ever made. It was wonderful!! The person I made it for also loved it. I will definitely make this again."