- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (about 5 medium)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice, orange peel and extract. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt. Add to peach mixture; toss gently to coat. Pour into crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; make decorative cutouts in pastry. Set cutouts aside. Place top crust over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush pastry and cutouts with milk; place cutouts on top of pie. Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Golden Peach Pie
"This is absolutely the best tasting pie that I have ever had. I followed the recipe exactly, and the pie was delicious. Everyone was blown away. It's addicting good."
"My very-hard-to-please mother in law, who does not like desserts, was very impressed with my peach pie. This is a real winner!!!"
"Not usually a peach pie fan but this is a winner. I used the zest of a whole orange and together with the almond extract really adds to the taste. Will definitely make this again."
"First peach pie I have ever made. It was wonderful!! I will definitely make again."
"First peach pie I have ever made. It was wonderful!! The person I made it for also loved it. I will definitely make this again."
"This was the best pie that I have ever made or tasted."
"I had never made or even tasted a peach pie before, I absolutely loved this pie. Best fruit pie ever! Everyone else who tried it really like it."
"I made these in my Emeril mini pie maker and they came out great! (I didn't have any orange peel in the house, so I left that out, but I want to add that next time.)"
"I actually used a crumb topping on this very nice peach pie. It was yummy."
"This recipe is quick and delicious. I can't get enough of our local peaches and my family can't get enough of this pie. I've already shared the recipe with several co-workers. Thank you for submitting it!"