When I'm having company for dinner, I bake these rolls during the day. Then the house has a wonderful aroma when the guests arrive. The ranch dressing mix adds terrific flavor. —Kimm Avans, De Soto, Texas
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- In a bowl, combine 1-1/2 cup flour, sugar, dressing mix and yeast. In a saucepan, heat the soup, butter and milk to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add eggs; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 pieces; shape each into a ball. Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Place rolls in pan; sprinkle with remaining cornmeal. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Golden Pan Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p50
Reviews for Golden Pan Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review