Golden Orange Muffins Recipe
A whole orange—peel and all—lends the sunshiny taste to these golden muffins. They’re moist, tender and a great way to wake up your family in the morning. But feel free to enjoy them anytime of day.—Valerie Inman, Elkford, British Columbia
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange, unpeeled and cut into eight wedges
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a blender, combine the orange, orange juice, egg and oil; cover and process until blended. Gradually add dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in raisins and walnuts if desired.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 14 muffins.
1 each: 137 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Golden Orange Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC