A whole orange—peel and all—lends the sunshiny taste to these golden muffins. They’re moist, tender and a great way to wake up your family in the morning. But feel free to enjoy them anytime of day.—Valerie Inman, Elkford, British Columbia
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange, unpeeled and cut into eight wedges
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a blender, combine the orange, orange juice, egg and oil; cover and process until blended. Gradually add dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in raisins and walnuts if desired.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 14 muffins.
Originally published as Sunshine Muffins in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2009
Reviews for Golden Orange Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review